Create An Account On MPH (Mining Pool Hub)
Create A Worker
In the “Add New Worker” box pick a name and password. Password is not really used so you can just use “x” without the “”.
Your worker should now be listed and you don’t need to do anything further here except note that the name is your login-name.worker-name, remember this you need it to configure the miner in a few minutes.
Nvidia Based Digibyte Mining
Download Nemos miner: https://github.com/nemosminer/NemosMiner-v2.4.1/releases
This miner uses the Alexis78 ccminer mod for the Skein algorithm. Alexis78 provides the best hashrate I have found for Digibyte, it also includes support for a bunch of other Cryptos as well as supporting profit switching should you want to get more advanced in the future.
- Extract the archive using Winrar, or 7zip
- Enter the folder and find “startminingpoolhub.bat”
- Open this file with Notepad or Notepad++
I will provide a sample line and explain what needs to be changed: (you can replace what is in your .bat file with the line below it will reduce needed editing)
powershell -version 5.0 -noexit -executionpolicy bypass -windowstyle maximized -command "&.\NemosMiner-v2.3.ps1 -SelGPUDSTM '0 1' -SelGPUCC '0,1' -Currency USD -Passwordcurrency BTC -interval 120 -Username Virtopia -Workername rig1 -Location US -PoolName miningpoolhub -Type nvidia -Algorithm skein -Donate 0
Things to change:
- ‘0 1’: This is what defines GPU to be used. In this case I have two cards. If you had one you would simply use ‘0’, if you had four ‘o 1 2 3’. If you wanted to run two instances of miner and use them to mine different things you could set this to ‘0 2’ and the other miner instance to ‘ 1 3’, see how it works? 🙂
- -Username: Your MPH login name
- -Workername: The name you set when you added your worker
- -Location: You can use US or Europe. Choose which is closest to you
- -Donation: If you want to support the developers which i suggest set to 5, if you do not want to donate set to 0
That’s it, save your changes and double click the .bat file which will launch the miner!
AMD Based Digibyte Mining
Up until a month or two ago Groestl was the algorithm to use with AMD cards but that changed with ASIC miners hitting it. For now you will want to use Skein same as Nvidia, this may change with the upcoming algo swap.
Download sgminer 5.3.1 miner: https://github.com/miningpoolhub/sgminer/releases
- Extract with WinRAR or 7zip
- Create a .bat file and open with Notepad or Notepad++
If you do not know how to create a .bat file you can download a sample .bat here
Here is the sample line from the sample.bat:
sgminer -k skein -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:20527 -u virtopia.rig1 -p x
Here the only thing you would need to change is the -u setting which is virtopia.rig1. This should be changed to your MPH username.worker-name. Double click the .bat and the miner should launch and start running. That’s it you are now mining DGB keep an eye on your Digibyte dashboard in MPH it will soon start showing your shares, welcome to the darkside!
One Last Thing
Your DGB at this point will be stored on your MPH wallet, you do not want to use this as storage. The pool could close, be hacked, or who knows what else, you could then kiss your DGB good-bye. Head over to https://www.digibyte.co/digibyte-downloads and download a wallet. I suggest you use the core wallet (Desktop). Download it and run it, the blockchain is large and the wallet can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a day to fully sync. Don’t stress just let it go. I transfer my DGB off of MPH as soon as they hit 1k.
I also recommend you set a password on your wallet, but a few key points:
- Do not store that password on your computer. Write it down in multiple places and or keep it on cold storage (USB that is not plugged into anything). Hackers are making millions by breaching PCs and stealing coins, don’t think that it can’t happen to you.
- Backup your wallet and keep the .dat file on cold storage.
- If you lose the password or the .dat your DGB are gone.
If you need help don’t hesitate to join us on Discord
Article helped you out? Buy me a coffee, I drink gallons!